Sunday, October 14, 2012

Needed a quick Card

It's Sunday morning and I had an unexpected call from a friends hubby that he was having a small gathering for his wife, my friend, for her birthday last night.  So of course, I had to make a rather quick birthday card for her to take to the gathering.  I think for not having time to really think about it, it came out rather nice.  I used an older Magenta rubber stamp and black embossing powder on white card stock.  I daubed onto the card front a light haystack and light purple ink. Then stamped the image in black ink and added embossing powder.  Embossed.  The back ground paper was made with a small rubber stamp of a twig, stamped in black.  That's all there is to it.  Glued all to card front and it's done.  Just added a birthday sentiment on white paper backed with black card stock.  I was happy with it and So was my friend.  And here is the card:

Oh I forgot to mention that I trimmed the stamped image with some decorative scissors.  So What do you think of the card? 

Until next visit,
Bye now

4 comments:

  1. Wow Chris, this is so beautiful!!!
    A card to treasure.
    Hugs,Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely image - it looks so pretty in the black and white - and the clear embossing gives it a lovely shine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the love Sandra, coming from you that means a lot............

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, thanks so much for the sweet comment on the birthday card. Hope you'll pop by for another visit sometime.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to hear from my followers and other crafty friends, and read every comment left. So please leave me your comments. It makes my day, really....