Sunday, November 18, 2012

Happy Sunday!

Hi everyone and a very Happy Sunday to all.  Today it's my turn to share a project with you all for The Stamping Shack Blog where I am a Design Team member.  I was having a really hard time trying to decide what to make for today's blog post then it came to me.  It's a tissue box cover!  You know for kleenex or Puff's.   It was actually easy to put together and I think it's cute.  I never have done one before so I think it turned out fairly nice for a 1st attempt.  Here is a picture of the supplies I used:
Cube Tissue box with bottom cut out, Tape Runner, colored twine, patterned Christmas paper, copic markers, lace trim, spellbinder dies, foam dots, poinsettia flowers, and a paper trimmer.

1. I picked out the paper then, using paper cutter, cut to fit each side and top of box.  

2. I added the lace trim to the top edge of box all the way around with Tape runner.  

3. I cut twine to fit each side corner of the box and attached with glue runner.   
       Here's a picture of it so far.


3. Print and color the Digi Image of  Elf Postage Stamp.  This digi is from the The Stamping Shack and can be purchased here under the Christmas section.

4. Cut small squares of green card stock slightly larger than Elf Digi and attach behind digi at an angle with foam dots.  Then place them on opposite sides of the box with more foam dots. 

5. Using your Die Cut machine and die of your choice. Die cut two of one image. to use on the opposite 2 sides of box.  I used my Spellbinder Grand Calibur and shapeabilitie Bird flourishes die. I cut and emboss them then attached to box sides with glue runner, added a poinsettia flower from Petaloo under each die for added dimension.  
     
I then added some ribbon for Studio G all around the bottom of box.  And then add some clear bling spaced out on the ribbon.  The I also added some red bling from studio G to the sides and top for a little more Pizazz, where you place it is totally your choice.  And so here are a few pictures of my finalized Tissue Box Cover. 


And lastly I added a satiny red string around the top where the lace is and tied in a small bow. That's it, it's all done. Just put over another box of tissues for some festive holiday decor.......

Thanks for visiting my blog today and check back often for more fun ideas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love to hear from my followers and other crafty friends, and read every comment left. So please leave me your comments. It makes my day, really....