Sunday, January 13, 2013

Digital Art Necklace Charm

Hello and a warm welcome back from the Holidays.  I am back, sorry it's been a bit, but things are back to normal and I am ready to Craft!  So a while back when I went to a craft convention I purchased this fun ART JEWELRY KIT. It's from Craft Fantastic.   I have been wanting a reason to try it out and I was up next to do a Post a project on The Stamping Shack Blog so here is what I came up with.  Here are the most of the supplies you will need to make this:

*Bezel Tray                                                  *Digital Image
 (printed out on
  card stock to 3/4" x 3/4")
*Fantastic Glaze
*Wax Paper scrap
*Jeweller's dots
*Q-tip
*Paper Trimmer




 Print your chosen image out at 3/4 x 3/4 of inch, I chose "ARTSY GIRL" from Lilliput's Range at The Stamping Shack Store, then attach a Jeweller's dot to back of image and set in Bezel Tray.  Push it in so it stays put, see picture below.

OK now take the small glass piece and put a nice puddle of fantastic glaze on the back.  I layed mine on a piece of scrap wax paper for easy clean up .  Let the glaze set up a bit it should fill all corners and be tacky.  Then take a dampened Q-tip and clean up the edges of the glass piece.  
 Now pop the glass piece in to the Bezel Tray that has the image in it.   Hold in place for few seconds.  If any of the glaze oozes out just clean up with the wet Q-tip. Let set up for 10 - 15 minutes on the wax paper and add to any type necklace you like.  Just a little note, I chose to use the image with out colouring it in, it looked much better this way to me. The glass piece actually magnifies the images a bit.  But you can colour it in should you chose to, my old eyes could not manage it well enough on such a tiny image size.  And here is the finished Charm ready to put on a necklace of you choice.

Sorry for the pictures not being so great, I kept getting a lot of glare.....
Well that's all I have for you today.  Hope you liked this easy fun project.  Have a wonderful Sunday and Thanks for stopping by.......

Until next time,
Tootles

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love to hear from my followers and other crafty friends, and read every comment left. So please leave me your comments. It makes my day, really....