Monday, March 18, 2013

New technique to me....

Hello, I must first off welcome another follower to my blog.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart. 
Now I decided to try something new to me that i found out from a fellow card maker and friend. This technique uses the negative part of stickers.  You know what's left on the paper backing when you use the positive sticker image.  So don't toss these out you can still use them.  Here is a card I did with the negative sticker image.  It's very CAS and I actually really like it. Here it is: 
It's really cool and easy to do.  I used some sticky transfer paper called Stardust.  You peel the backing of and add the negative sticker to it and put the sticky side back on the backing paper and burnish the image with a bone folder. Make sure you do this very well than take the backing off and stick it to your card or what ever you want it on.  Then just peel the Transfer paper off carefully.  It can re -used so do not toss it.  I put my sticker on some card stock and circle punched it out and attached to the card front with foam dots.  I also scored some lines to top left and bottom right sides of card front.  I then decided it needed a bit more so added the negative of a few flowers stickers, done the exact same way as I did the center sticker and added to black gemstones too. And Voila, you have a card.  It was something different to try.  The stickers are from Elizabeth Crafts as was the transfer paper.  A friend had given me a few supplies from her stash for me to try the technique out and I do think I will be ordering more, it was fun to make. 

Do drop back later this evening or possibly tomorrow for another new technique to me it's called "Burnished Micro Glitter" I believe and it is a lot of fun too.  See ya soon.  And thanks for coming by for a visit!

Until next time,
TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love to hear from my followers and other crafty friends, and read every comment left. So please leave me your comments. It makes my day, really....