Monday, March 2, 2015

Tried a new background

Hello Everyone!  Well I hope all of you had a nice weekend.  I decided after a few other friends I chat with online tried a new way to do backgrounds that I'd give it a go.  This was shown on split coast stampers last week, and I think it's called Bokeh Backgrounds.
Basically you get some watercolor paper wet it down a bit, then with a water brush add some color from re-inkers all over the paper.  I found that I am not very talented at this, LOL.  I made 2 with the re-inkers and then decided I would use dauber and ink from a pad, after it dries you get some stencil type shapes and add shapes all over in a random way in white ink.  I chose circles like the tutorial b/c I like that then add a sentiment and bling if you choose to.  Well here's my attempt, not bad for my 1st try at this.  I like doing these so I will probably do some more....



There you have it.... Think I will go back to playing with parchment today.  But I will leave you with a cute picture, I am a Downtown Abby BBC show addict so hence the picture.  Have a great day and thanks for popping by.

Until next time,
Tootles

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards and background technique Chris. I love the Downtown Abby picture..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great backgrounds gal. Love them all. Hugs D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards look great Chris! Thank you for simplifying the technique ...sounds easy enough for me and love the result.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this technique on my to do list. In fact, a group that I am in at SCS has issued this as a challenge...but I feel so intimidated by it. It's not what I'm good at it...but you definitely have inspired me to give it a try. I think your cards turned out lovely.
    and I'm a big Downtown Abby fan too.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to hear from my followers and other crafty friends, and read every comment left. So please leave me your comments. It makes my day, really....